Wednesday 4 September 2013

The final preparation

Before arriving home from our trip to America I knew that once home I only had about 3 and a half weeks to train before heading out to the Sickline, holy crap! Before the holiday I became lighter than I wanted to be, which was ok because I anticipated some weight gain in the States. Becoming buffer became a little more important yesterday when I was informed that the LL Remix I was borrowing for the race had in fact been given to another athlete, bummer. Fortunately my friend from Munich also has an LL Stomper 90.

This boat is a cross between the Jefe and the Remix so I'm confident of it's ability to race, I'am however a little light for it. I've been told that iconic paddlers such as Tao Berman who was in no way a heavy guy, but a very fast racer, used to use a large Nomad. I'm not concerned at all and the plan is to beef up my arms and torso as much as I can in 3 weeks. My dad has a Jefe Grande so I will borrow that to get used to the extra volume!

So my training has a changed a little, but not much! I'm now dropping down to two runs a week, so I can maintain my cardio but not burn too much muscle. I'm now doing longer and more intense weight sessions targeting a lot more muscles. I am doing paddle sprints at least 4 times a week and I'm putting more focus on my abs and core. So my legs are getting a rest and my torso and arms are getting a beating.

Packing will begin shortly and I'll buy food throughout the month. We are planning a budget trip so we will be camping, could be cold.... Just a little bit looking forward to this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment