Tuesday 3 September 2013

An epic American Adventure!

I'm always super stoked to return to the States as I'm lucky enough to have the best family in law on the planet! I headed out there with my wife and parents and just had the best time ever. But two weeks wasn't enough.


We packed so much into our time there that I don't think we really sat down! The first few days we spent shopping, swimming, catching lobsters on a boat and having a lobster party and visiting relatives. Then for a long weekend we headed North to where Jessica's parents camp where we chilled, hiked Katahdin, whitewater rafted, picked blueberries, kayaked, fished and much more! It was my first time rafting so we was great to enjoy the high volume whitewater in something other than a kayak, got a bunch of Gopro footage so a video will be online soon!



Once home again we spent the last few days outlet shopping, celebrating birthdays and site seeing. After some sad goodbyes we had a great flight home and a couple of days off to re-adjust! Throughout the holiday I managed to run most days, but didn't lift as much as I would've wanted. We just didn't have time! But with the 11 hour hike and rafting in the middle I had a descent amount of exercise. I put on a healthy amount of weight which I'm glad about as I can now put time in to using it!


Awesome times! 3ish weeks left till we head to the Sickline. So training has changed a little and increased, more on that soon, stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment