Sunday 12 May 2013

Eat, sleep, work, train.....

It's been a good couple weeks for training, we've had sun and pretty dry weather which has been great for running etc, not so great for paddling... The Mellte was up yesterday and with a little rain forecast, we were hoping to head over there today and get a run in. But as usual, the rain was minimal and the river dropped, BOOOO! 

So today has become an epic training day. After dropping my better half off at work I drank some Beet-it and went for a run up Coppet hill. My runs seem to be feeling a little easier, less out of breath and less pain near the top. I also feel like my pace is faster. I have the Nike+ set up for my Ipod so I'll start using that again and track my times! 

After my run I did some free weights which are getting easier so I need to step the weight up again, and to finish it off I did some sprint training on the river. This is the first time I've used Beet-It with the sprint training and although it still hurt a lot, I was going a little longer. 

This coming weekend is the Tryweryn fest! With little water around I'm quite excited to get wet and have some fun! I plan on loading up on beet juice through the week so I'm good to go for the race on Sunday. Can't wait, should be a lot of fun!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment