Monday 6 May 2013

A beautiful day for training!!

Well today the sun came out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! So I started the day with an awesome run up Coppet Hill then a free weights session in the sun. I decided to go for a paddle as the weather was incredible and it'd be rude not too. So I headed across the road and did some sprint training. During training I realised that the first part of me to go lactic/ knackered were my forearms.

So I'm adding to my training some forearm exercises including using a grip strengthener whenever I'm sat around etc as this seems to work on the forearms, hopefully after a few weeks I should start to see an improvement! I'm also doing planks 3-4 times a week to strengthen my core.

I also got a chance to try out my new Ti vest for Nookie. First off the top looks super sharp and stylish, it slips on easily and is incredibly comfortable. It fitted snugly over my deck and after putting a few rolls in did not let any water into my boat. The top is designed with no seams under the arms so there is no chaffing or rubbing whilst paddling. Overall I think it's going to be a perfect top for the Summer and I can't wait to hit the Tryweryn festival in a couple of weeks.

Today I also made my cardboard kayak for the race at the T fest. It looks pretty sketchy.... but hoping it'll float for a minute or so! Should be a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment