Saturday 10 August 2013

Cardiff training

Today I decided it'd be a great idea to do some sprint training at CIWW. So I met up with Ben Coulton and headed to the course. The sun was shining and we hit the water! I wanted to do as many laps as I could and I lost count at around 20, I did a lot more after that so I'm assuming it was around 30. Not bad! The course wasn't that busy and there weren't too many rafts so it was pretty spot on for blasting down the middle at high speeds!


I had a Beet-it shot on arrival and I felt really good throughout the day not really getting majorly fatigued on any of the sprints so it seems to be doing it's thing well! It turned out to be a really good training ground because although it's very easy, the features are pretty much back to back so your often moving from one boof to the next and the water is so pushy and swirly it can be a challenge to hold your line. Also the conveyor belt to bring you back up is an added bonus! A great day with great friends and now I'm knackered! Mission accomplished!


No comments:

Post a Comment