Friday 19 July 2013

Heatwave!!

British summer has got a little confused and supplied us with two weeks worth of pure dry, hot, sunny weather! Although this has been more than useless for paddling real rivers, it has been a lot of fun. BBQ's and swimming have most definitely been on the agenda, but training as also been on the menu. Running has been more sweaty and challenging but still good and paddle sprints have been great. The weather has also allowed me to ride my bike to work everyday so this is an added bonus.

Next weekend we are heading to the mighty Tryweryn for a weekend of paddling and training. The stop watch will be brought out and I'll be timing myself down different sections of river and ultimately practice my speedy paddling techniques and reading of the river for the fastest lines. I realized the other day that not including the two weeks I'm in the states I only have 8 weeks of potential paddling and training to go before the Sickline, crazy! But I think I'am on the right track. Heading to the Pyranha fest for some racing in September which is the weekend before I head to Austria. So that'll be a good opportunity to get some last minute boating in!

No comments:

Post a Comment