Tuesday 4 June 2013

Summers finally here!

Just a short and sweet update! As usual there has been no rain :( so paddling whitewater hasn't happened! Praying for some rain in Wales!!! Training on the other hand has been great, the sun has been out and the temperatures perfect. My runs have been great as usual and mixed with cycling to work my cardio feels pretty sweet!

My sprint training is slowly improving and I'm noticing a lot of muscle build in the shoulders and back which is great. I've just ordered a new carbon Select paddle which is built for slalom and white water some I'm hoping it'll be a great paddle for racing, ordered it with large blades for added power! So hopefully that will arrive soon and that'll be my paddle for the Sickline. This will give my foam filled double diamonds a break as they have been getting abused lately on shallow runs.

My old shoulder injury has been playing up occasionally but it's still better than it used to be. Sometimes I have to reduce how much I'm lifting during weights as it hurts too much. I'm hoping over time it will eventually heal but I have a feeling it could be a fairly life long recurring injury.

Let hope for more sun and maybe a little rain for my days off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment