Friday 31 October 2014

Eddy Mead; Whitewater Kayaker

So before the Sickline my friend Simon Wyndham and I decided we wanted to make a short doc/film of my experience at the Sickline as a regular competitor. However Simon didn't want to shoot the film unless he got his hands on a good camera before we left, and it was starting to get close!


Luckily a few days before we were due to leave Simon managed to find one that took his fancy so it was all go! Throughout the week I had a camera shoved in my face at lots of awkward moments but Simon was getting some really amazing footage for us to use. Although we were getting lots of great footage we realized without a crew for Simon it was difficult to get the volume of footage that we needed to make the video purely about the Sickline. So what Simon decided to do was make it more of a profile video for myself so when we got home we set up an interview and shot some footage from my home in Cardiff and at CIWW.


We wanted to wait till I had a chance to paddle some Welsh rivers and get some footage of that but unfortunately after waiting for the opportunity, it didn't happen. So figuring we could be waiting for a long time, Simon released the final edit! Personally I love the edit, Simon did a fantastic job considering he had to deal with my ugly mug. So a big thank you to Simon and my Dad for carting camera gear around in Austria and putting in the time to put this clip together! And here it is.... Enjoy!

 https://vimeo.com/110261569

No comments:

Post a Comment