Saturday 15 March 2014

MRR Training!

So over winter I have been keeping my training ticking over but not going all out as I haven't competed since Sickline so I like to just stay generally fit (and burn off all the xmas, new year treats!). I've been running a couple of times a week and lifting weights, cycling to work etc.

But with the Moriston River Race only a couple of months away it's time to knuckle down and make sure I'm ready! I am going to take a similar approach to training as I did with Sickline but focus big time on my upper body endurance. The Sickline was approximately a 1 minute to 1:20 sprint where as the Moriston is a little closer to 3-4 minute sprint with a lot of flatter patches on the run. Needless to say if you empty the tank in the 1st minute, your gonna lose!!

So the training plan for the next 2 months is as follows. Hill running minimum of three times a week, free weights and cross training also at least 3 times a week. Kayak sprints and paddling at high intensity for approx 4-5 minutes and cycling.

I've just received the brand new Pro Elite Beet It Bars which are amazing! It's the same dosage of Nitrate in a tasty little flapjack, perfect for topping up energy and giving you that all important dose of nitrate on race day! Again if your serious about sport you need to give these a shot.

I'm really looking forward to this race, it should be a lot of fun and a great way to kick off the racing season. Hopefully I'll get some good results in this year, just down to me again to put in the hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment